- To support students so that they can participate in general education classes to the best of their ability, to build their self-esteem through successful participation in all school activities, both academic and social with modification of curriculum and adult or peer supervision where needed.
- To increase skills through small group instruction or individual instruction specific to their IEP goals and objectives.
- To develop a sense of responsibility and independence.
- To build communication skills with peers, adults and family so as to develop stronger personal relationships.
Instructional Support Program
Special Education Services at OIS are based on a student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) and can include the following services from the OIS Instructional Support Team:
- Instructional Support Teachers
- Inclusion Teacher
- Speech Pathologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Instructional Assistants