Program Focus :
1. To support students so that they can participate in general education classes to the best of their ability
2. To provide opportunities to build self esteem through successful participation in all school activities, both academic and social with modification of curriculum and adult or peer support where needed
3. To increase functional living skills through small group or individual instruction specific to their IEP goals and objectives, application of skills in the community, and modification of general education curriculum
4. To provide instructional support by re-teaching or assistance in all curricular areas and grade levels
5. To provide opportunities to develop a sense of responsibility and independence
6. To build communication skills with peers, adults, and family so as to develop stronger personal relationships
Grades: Based upon quality of daily performance and participation. Grades for general education classes are modified after consultation with teachers.
Communication: The student agenda will have a daily accounting of what the students actually did in class, what was presented, and any assignments that were completed or need to be completed. Notes about special concerns and additional services also will be included. Students are encouraged to email home any personal reminders. I welcome calls and emails.
Peer Mentoring Elective
Peer Mentoring is a choice available for 7th and 8th grade students. Students help peers with personal physical or academic goals. They may also facilitate peers' access to opportunities on the campus. There may be opportunities to make things to facilitate learning.